The Stream + Wetlands Foundation, based in Lancaster, Ohio, is seeking a full-time, salaried, Wetland and Stream Restoration Project Manager to join our interdisciplinary team to support our efforts to
Month: October 2018
The Stream + Wetlands Foundation, based in Lancaster, Ohio, is seeking a full-time, salaried, Wetland and Stream Restoration Project Manager to join our interdisciplinary team to support our efforts to restore, enhance and protect stream and wetland habitat throughout Ohio and nearby states. The selected candidate will assist with the planning, design, implementation and management of various types of aquatic habitat restoration, rehabilitation, and protection projects. We are seeking an ecologist/biologist, civil engineer, or ecological engineer with 4+ years of relevant experience. The Stream + Wetlands Foundation (S+W) is a non-profit company established in 1992 (www.streamandwetlands.org). We were one of the first mitigation bank sponsors in the country and are the sponsors of numerous mitigation banks and in-lieu fee mitigation programs. Since our inception we have restored, enhanced and protected more than 4,000 acres of wetlands and more than 120,000 feet of stream.
- B.S. or M.S. in civil engineering, ecological engineering, or environmental science related field such as ecology, biology, forestry, etc.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS or other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software
- Certification or registration as one or more of the following: professional wetland scientist, certified ecological restoration professional, certified professional in erosion and sediment control, professional engineer or EIT, ESRI Tech Certification
- Experience with Section 401/404 permitting process, including delineations of waters of the United States, and other relevant state and federal environmental regulations
- Familiarity with State and federal endangered species permitting and coordination
- Supplemental training such as Rosgen Levels 1-4, wetland delineation courses, SHPO training, ORAM training, VIBI training, sediment and erosion control, etc.
- Stream and wetland restoration design, construction plan preparation, and construction management experience
- Knowledge of topographic and boundary survey fundamentals and experience with operating GIS data collection devices
The position will require: working outside in all types of weather throughout the year; the ability to lift and carry more than 50 pounds; and to hike uneven terrain. The amount of working indoors and outdoors will vary by season. Overnight travel may be required up to 25% of the time. In addition to excellent compensation, S+W offers a benefit package which includes: paid vacation and personal/sick time; health and life insurance; 401k; paid holidays (7).
Interested candidates should submit resume and a cover letter by email to Vince Messerly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. The cover letter should describe relevant work experience, why you are interested in this position, your anticipated available start date, and other relevant information.