Vince Messerly joined the Foundation in 1998 as General Manager and became President in 2002. Vince has overseen the completion of nine wetlands mitigation banks, and numerous other wetlands and stream habitat restoration projects-completed for both mitigation and non-mitigation purposes. As President, Vince oversees all aspects of the Foundation’s operations, including project development, business management, credit sales, agency coordination, and the formation and management of partnerships with federal, state, and local entities.
Vince’s past experience includes the design and construction of conservation practices for the USDA-NRCS, including: sediment and erosion control plans; grade stabilization structures; animal waste collection, storage, and treatment-including wetlands to treat waste; wetland restoration projects; stream stabilization projects; and flood control projects. In addition, Vince directed a team of engineers and technicians with Jobes Henderson and Associates to complete the design of a wide range of civil engineering projects, including: land development, transportation, environmental, structural, and wetlands restoration projects.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Ohio University (1991)
Licensing: Ohio Registered Professional Engineer (PE-61947)
Associations + Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers, National Association of Office and Industrial Properties, National Association of Home Builders, Ohio Home Builders Association, National Mitigation Banking Association, Society of Wetland Scientist and National Society of Professional Engineers.
- 2015 CEAO Ohio Stormwater & Drainage Conference, March 10 – 11, 2015, Columbus, Ohio
- City and Regional Planning Meeting at The Ohio State University, March 2, 2015
- MORPC – Greenways & Water Quality Working Group, February 6, 2015
- OTEC – Columbus, OH, October 28, 2014
- Rocky River Watershed Council, January 22, 2014
- 2014 CLE – Cleveland, Ohio
- 2013 CLE – October 3 – 4, Columbus Ohio
- 2012 CLE – Canton, Ohio
- 9th Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands Conference, June 9 – 10, 2011, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2011 Environmental Law Symposium sponsored by Bricker & Eckler Attorneys at Law, Columbus, Ohio
- 2011 CEAO Ohio Stormwater & Drainage Conference, March 12 – 13, 2011, Columbus, Ohio
- Environmental Law Symposium sponsored by the Cleveland Bar Association, 2010
- 2010 Northeast Ohio Association of Park Districts at Lakeland Community College, January, 2010
- 8th Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands Conference, 2009
- Ohio Parks and Recreation Association (OPRA) Annual Meeting “Opportunities to Improved Managed Land Through Mitigation”
- The Ohio State University, Environmental Policy Class, February 13, 2008
- 7th Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands Conference, 2008
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Outdoor Education Conference, Mohican State Park, Loudonville, Ohio, April 2008
- 34th Annual Natural Areas Conference, October 10, 2007, Cleveland, Ohio
- 6th Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands Conference, 2007
- 2005 CLE, September 18 & 19, Cincinnati, Ohio
- ASCE of Central Ohio, March 2005
- 2004 CLE, September 30 & October 1, Columbus, Ohio
- 2003 CLE, October 2 & 3 Cleveland, Ohio
- 2nd Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands and Streams Conference, Stream: Wetlands and Storm Water Phase II Issues and Regulations, September, 2003, Beachwood, Ohio
- 1st Annual CLE International’s Ohio Wetlands and Streams Conference: Local, State and Federal Law, September, 2002, Independence, Ohio
Contact Vince at email@example.com.