Pittsburgh North Service Area:
- 7.9 wetland credits available, cost is $52,000 per acre
- 13,112 stream credits in the Mahoning service area (05030103), cost is $270 per linear foot
- 10,000 stream credits in the Shenango service area (05030102), cost is $270 per linear foot
Pittsburgh South Service Area:
- No wetland credits available currently, cost is $52,000 per acre
- 5,135 stream credits in the Upper Ohio service area (05030101), cost is $270 per linear foot
- 61,182 stream credits available in the Upper Ohio-Wheeling service area (05030106), cost is $270 per linear foot
The Stream + Wetlands Foundation’s Pittsburgh in-lieu fee program (ILFP) will operate in two service areas in east and southeast Ohio within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Pittsburgh District. The ILFP will provide third-party compensatory mitigation for unavoidable impacts to wetlands delineated as waters of the United States and waters of the State of Ohio. More particularly, the ILFP will be used to satisfy the compensatory wetlands mitigation requirements of permits issued under Section 404 and 401 of the Clean Water Act, the Ohio Isolated Wetlands Permit Program (ORC 6111), and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act. This ILF program does not seek to provide mitigation for stream impacts at this time. However, we reserve the right to request a modification of the instrument to include compensatory mitigation for impacts to streams located within the Ohio portion of the Pittsburgh Corps District.
The goal of the proposed in-lieu fee program is to provide for no-net loss of wetland acreage and aquatic functions for wetlands within Ohio watersheds in the Pittsburgh District. Temporal loss of functions and values will be offset by the use of mitigation ratios as determined by the appropriate regulatory agencies. This Instrument addresses the required elements for operating an ILFP consistent with federal and state requirements including those set forth in 33 CFR Part 332.