The Stream + Wetlands Foundation is seeking a full-time, salaried, Ecological Restoration Specialist to join our interdisciplinary team to support our efforts to restore, enhance and protect stream and wetland habitat throughout Ohio and nearby states. The selected candidate will assist with the planning and management of various types of ecological restoration projects to help ensure that projects meet restoration goals and objectives. We are seeking a person with 3+ years of full-time experience and demonstrated advancing responsibility in the management and monitoring of wetland and stream restoration projects in the Ohio region. Candidates must have an associates degree or higher education level in biology, forestry, civil engineering, agricultural engineering, ecological engineering, or similar natural resource related degree.
- Experience with Section 401/404 permitting process, including delineations of waters of the United States, and other relevant state and federal environmental regulations
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office
- Stream and wetland habitat restoration planning, monitoring, and management
- Experience with operating GIS data collection devices
- Experience supervising field crews for installation of wetland plant materials, construction oversight, and treatment of invasive species
The position will require working outside in all types of weather throughout the year; the ability to lift and carry more than 50 pounds; and to hike uneven terrain. The amount of working indoors and outdoors will vary by season. Overnight travel may be required up to 50% of the time (will vary seasonally). In addition to excellent compensation, S+W offers a benefit package which includes paid time off; health, life and disability insurance; 401k; and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should submit resume and a cover letter by email to Vince Messerly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. The cover letter should describe relevant work experience, why you are interested in this position, your anticipated available start date, and other relevant information.